With millions of happy users, a growing product line, and a new state-of-the-art office, Lightspeed Systems is quickly evolving — and there has never been a more exciting time to work here. Do you want your hard work to be rewarded with excellent benefits, fun perks, a collaborative office environment and a meaningful career? Do you want to sharpen and expand your skills within an innovative, fast-growing company? Then work — and grow — with us.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a position in the Lightspeed Systems Network Operations Department, with responsibilities of supporting all customer facing systems and internal operations. This position is also responsible for consulting with the development teams on infrastructure needs and best practices.
The Minimum You Will Do:
- Monitor performance and availability of all Lightspeed Systems SaaS products
- Respond to monitoring system alerts and participate in a on-call rotation
- Provide direct assistance to internal staff in areas of network design and configuration, systems design and configuration, as well as high-availability options
- Drive positive change in current systems, processes and development practices
- Interpret customer’s technical requirements – asking astute questions and listening to understand, anticipate and exceed their needs
Your Experience & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree and/or technical certifications preferred.
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing infrastructure in AWS required
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using ansible, chef, puppet or an equivalent.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Working understanding of code and intermediate skill level in bash, ruby, or python.
- Knowledgeable of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always available service.
- Strong technology aptitude, including configuration of complex networking environments.
- Strong experience with SQL and PostgresSQL.
You are/You have:
- Ability to communicate well with external customers, all levels of staff and management
- Able to function effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Able to plan and implement complex systems
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to explain technology in simplistic terms
- Ability to clearly document and record information
What’s in it for you:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and numerous other benefits
- Room for growth and career advancement
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Excellent 401(k) plan with 6% company match
- 10+ paid holidays
- Employer paid life insurance
- A fun, dynamic company culture
What to expect: Expect to join a passionate team and to be a true contributor. (There’s no hiding behind bureaucracy.) Expect to love coming to work, but to work with people who understand the importance of play, family, and community too. Expect to think outside boxes and do amazing things.
Lightspeed Systems has the stability of an established company but the agility of a startup, with no shortage of opportunities to make a real difference. Like our name implies, things move at lightspeed around here, so you’ll never be bored!
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com